Student Guide to Binding your Thesis or Dissertation
Binding your thesis or dissertation is not required.
Once your thesis has been accepted and approved by the Office of Graduate Programs you may submit your thesis to be bound via an online bindery. While Florida Tech does not endorse a particular bindery, the following companies have experience working with theses and dissertations.
Prices will vary by company, order specifications and shipping. Please review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) of each company online for more specific information about how to submit your order.
Some questions to consider are:
- How many copies would you like?
- Is it a requirement of your sponsor to present a bound thesis upon return home?
- How quickly do you need your bound copy?
- Do you need international shipping?
- Would you like to include your original signature page in your bound copy?
- Is a scanned copy of your signature page OK?
Most binding companies allow for the following customizations of your thesis:
- Choice and color of cover
- Paper type, size and quality
- Single or double spacing
- Color or black and white print
- Spine lettering
- Choice of front cover lettering
- CD/DVD media pocket
- The Florida Tech Copy Center can bind your thesis with a soft cover spiral bind with a clear acetate front sheet.
- The Copy Center is in the Academic Quad, Building 406, Room 122.
- The document can be printed on 20lb, 24lb or 28lb paper.
- Students can order this product online through the Copy Center Storefront.
- Pick-up time within three (3) days.
- GradWorks Online will ship to multiple addresses as well as ship International Economy.
- Only prints 8.5” x 11” with the inside pages slightly smaller.
- Front cover lettering only.
- Paper type is limited to standard or 25% cotton.
- Starting price without shipping is $17.00.
- GradWorks Online details.
- Includes the choice to have The Florida Institute of Technology seal applied to the front
cover. Use the Gold Foil Emblem and Lettering menu to select Florida Tech’s university emblem.
- A sample bound thesis is available to review at the Library iDesk.
- If notified, PHD will hold binding until the signature pages arrive in the mail.
- You may specify particular pages to be printed in color.
- PHD Book Binding FAQ.
- Thesis On Demand ships to U.S. addresses only, no PO boxes.
- Requires an extra order form and fee to mail original signature pages for inclusion.
- A4 size paper can only be printed on White Vellum 60lb paper.
- Binds in Buckram cloth only or leather (+$85.00).
- Theses on Demand FAQs.