Here is a list of open data sources provided by various government agencies.
U.S. Government Data - data.gov
- The U.S. federal government search engine for open data collected by various departments and agencies.
- A U.S. government database focused on health and healthcare industry data.
US Census Bureau
- Collects community and demographic data from across the United States.
NOAA Data Discovery Portal
- Search a vast assortment of oceanic and atmospheric datasets.
Genomic Data Commons
- Developed by the National Cancer Institute to provide the cancer research community with a unified repository of cancer genomics data sharing.
- A platform by which U.S. government agencies share geospatial data. GeoPlatform also hosts a variety of tools for visualizing data.
NASA Open Data Portal
- Publicly available NASA datasets, APIs, visualizations, and more.
National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)
- Provides access to comprehensive oceanic, atmospheric, and geophysical data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Oceanographic data from the intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO. International Oceanographic Data and Information Exchange.
Open Energy Information
- Linked energy information on hundreds of topics crowdsourced from industry and government agencies.
- Open data on U.S. Federal Government Agency spending and awards with visualization tools.
Government of Canada Open Data
- Similar to data.gov for U.S. government data, this resource allows users to search open data that is relevant to Canadians, learn how to work with datasets, and see what people have done with open data across the country.
European Union Data Portal
- Grants access to open data published by EU institutions and bodies.
Open Data Monitor
- Hosted by the European Union, the Open Data Monitor provides statistics on the current landscape of open data in Europe in addition to tools for finding data catalogs and datasets. Open Data Monitor also provides tools for comparing countries and data catalogs.
United Kingdom Data Portal
- Find data published by central government, local authorities and public bodies within the United Kingdom.
European Data Portal
- The European Data Portal harvests the metadata of Public Sector Information available on public data portals across European countries. Going beyond the harvesting of metadata, the strategic objective of the European Data Portal is to improve accessibility and increase the value of Open Data.
Australian Government Data
- Provides access to data published by the Australian Government and public institutions. a place anybody can access data published by the Australian Government and public institutions.
United Nations Data
- The United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD) of the Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) launched a new internet based data service for the global user community. Users can search and download a variety of statistical resources of the UN system.