Skip to Main Content
Welcome to the Research Guide for ebooks at the Evans Library and beyond!
- What are ebooks? They are electronic versions of print books.
- Does the Evans Library have ebooks? It has thousands of ebooks covering many different topics.
- How do I find the Library's ebooks? The three boxes on the left show ways to find ebooks in the Evans Library collections. The Library subcribes to many databases with ebooks, so another option is to search for them directly in the individual databases or through OneSearch.
- Do I need to create an account? Some of the ebook collections might require you to create an account, but fees are never required.
- Why can't I read the ebook that shows as "in use." Due to publisher license agreements, some ebooks are limited to one user at a time. If you need help with an ebook, please Ask a Librarian.
- Can I download Evans Library ebooks to my ereader? That depends on the publisher license agreement. Find specific user guides on the tab to the left entitled "Using Evans Library eBooks."