RefWorks is an online citation manager available from the Evans Library.
With RefWorks you can:
- import/export references from online databases or text files,
- keep track and organize references/ citations,
- format and create citations in a variety of styles (MLA, APA, Turabian, etc.),
- generate bibliographies and export to a Word document,
- access your citations/references from any computer, anywhere, any time.
Getting started with RefWorks:
- Go to the Library's homepage at http://lib.fit.edu.
- Under t Evans Library heading, select RefWorks. You many need to log in with your TRACKS account.
- When the RefWorks screen comes up, click on "Sign up for an Individual Account" and fill out the form. Note: your RefWorks username and password should be different from your TRACKS username and password.
- Once you have completed the registration form, you can login to RefWorks using your newly created username and password.
- From off campus you may be required to enter the group code for Evans Library, RWFloridaIT (case-sensitive).
Write-N-Cite: this is a tool in RefWorks that allows you to do cite your references (that are on RefWorks) while writing your paper, such as in-text citations, footnotes, and bibliograpy. When you download Write-N-Cite to Word in your computer, it installs a RefWorks tab in the MS Word ribbon, or you can access it from the References tab in MS Word.
To install Write-n-Cite and get answers to other questions please go to: RefWorks FAQ
Tutorials, Research Guides, FAQ:
Visit the Proquest Refworks Libguide or Evans Library's RefWorks Research Guide for information and tutorials on RefWorks such as:
- RefWorks FAQ
- RefWorks Tutorials
- Instructions on Exporting/Importing Citations into RefWorks
- How to use RefWorks tools Write N Cite and RefGrabIt
- (If you are asked for) Florida Tech Evans Library Group Code is RWFloridaIT.