Sign up for a new account
- Log in at RefWorks Login (or on Library Website, click on RefWorks (left column).
- Click on "Sign up for a New Account" and fill out registration form.
- After you have registered, log into RefWorks using your newly created username and password.
- From off campus, you may be asked to enter the Group Code for Evans Library, RWFloridaIT (case-sensitive)
Please Note: For your security, do not use your TRACKS username and password for your RefWorks account.
Introduction to RefWorks
RefWorks is citation management tool that allows you to:
1. import references/citations from various sources (databases, catalogs, websites)
2. store and organize them in folders
3. generate citations and bibliographies in various formats (APA, MLA, etc.).
FAQ and LibGuide from RefWorks
What is a Citation?
- describes/quotes a book, journal article, website, or other published item in support of a fact
- gives credit to the originator of an idea, thus preventing plagiarism
- enables the reader to retrieve the item you refer to
- includes the author, title, source (publisher and place of publication or URL), and date
Sharing your RefWorks File/Folder/References
Click on the RefShare tab (above) to learn how to share your RefWorks references, folders, or files, with other Florida Tech students and faculty.
Ask a Librarian
Have a question? Librarians are here to help.
- Text 321-265-3ASK
- Call 321-674-8086
- Email email@example.com
- Chat with us below, when available.