To sign up for a new account
- Log in at RefWorks Login (or on Library Website, click on RefWorks (left column).
- Click on "Sign up for a New Account" and fill out registration form.
- After you have registered, log into RefWorks using your newly created username and password.
- From off campus, you may be asked to enter the Group Code for Evans Library, RWFloridaIT (case-sensitive)
Please Note: For your security, do not use your TRACKS username and password for your RefWorks account.
Introduction to RefWorks
RefWorks is a web-based citation management tool that is free to all Florida Tech faculty, students, and staff. You can use RefWorks to:
1. import/export references/citations from various databases, library catalog, websites, etc.
2. collect and organize references/citations in folders
3. easily create and format in-text citations and bibliographies
4. format your paper to various citation styles (APA, MLA, etc.) using Microsoft Word.
FAQ and LibGuide from RefWorks
What is a Citation?
- describes/quotes a book, journal article, website, or other published item in support of a fact
- gives credit to the originator of an idea, thus preventing plagiarism
- enables the reader to retrieve the item you refer to
- includes the author, title, source (publisher and place of publication or URL), and date
Sharing your RefWorks File/Folder/References
Click on the RefShare tab (above) to learn how to share your RefWorks references, folders, or files, with other Florida Tech students and faculty.
Ask a Librarian
Have a question? Librarians are here to help.
- Text 321-265-3ASK
- Call 321-674-8086
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chat with us below, when available.